Saturday, May 22, 2010

Sunrise Lake Isabella 052210

This morning I went for a drive because I wasn't feeling well yesterday (thankfully it's all over now, I'm both relieved and glad!) I decided to catch the sunrise at Lake Isabella which is nestled in Sequoia National Park, about 3hours drive north of LA. So I got up at 2.30am and left home at 3.30am. First, I drove up I-5N to Bakersfield - there were so many trucks on the 5, literally the right 2 lanes were full of them. It was also very windy along there. No wonder there are many accidents involving overturned trucks there. I then drove via scenic 178E to Lake Isabella. At one point, I thought I was going the wrong way and there was no signal on my iphone. But I saw that I was constantly following a river (Kern river) and guessed that it's likely an off-let from the lake. Thankfully I was going to right way, it would be a shame to miss out on the sunrise after getting up so early! Finally, I reached Lake Isabella at around 6am. It was a beautiful sight. The lake looks pristine and I love it's peculiar shape and the many little islands within it.

Sunrise, Lake Isabella (West End)

Lake Isabella (East End)

I drove around the lake a full turn and then back on 178E, and afterward along 14S and returned back to Pasadena at about 11am. Not many days have I traveled 400miles before noon! I then went into the lab to plan some experiments. There are many interesting research projects going on and I have planned them - just have to grab my lab coat (correction, I don't wear lab coat but probably should) and goggles and do them!

After about 4hours in the lab, I went for a work out in the gym. In summary, 350 calories on the elliptical (30min), rowing 1km (5min) and cycling 200 calories (20min). As you can see, I haven't been working very hard. But that might have been due to the fact that it has been a long day!

Indeed, I'm starting to feel quite tired now, it's 10pm - a 20hour day! Though I have to say it was a refreshing and fulfilling day.

1 comment:

  1. you seem to occupy yourself so much... could it be a bit too much?

    ReplyDelete